Compact Chromatography Column Flow Conditioning Skid
Skid Design Overview
Below is an example of a Process Column Flow Conditioning Skid that we designed to provide faster and more reliable chromatography column pre-conditioning and preparation. The skid needed to fit into a small envelope due to the narrow hallways and customer usage requirements.
All tubing on the skid is 316L Stainless Steel and has a surface finish of less than 20Ra for the product contact areas. The system piping was designed in a fashion that allows excellent flow rates and full drainability.
The designed system incorporates semi-automated control with user adjustable setpoints and prompt for the operator to adjust piping as needed for correct operation
Sanitary Process Components
On this skid we used the following sanitary bioprocess components:
- Aquasyn Pneumatically Actuated Zero Static Tee Valves
- Allen-Bradley Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Panel View 550 Touch Screen Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Quattroflow 4000-S Four Piston Diaphragm Pump
- Rosemount Pressure Transmitter
- Endress+Hauser Coriolis Mass Flow Meter
- FlowTech 6.5 Liter Bubble Trap
- Wilden P1 Pneumatically Driven Diaphragm Pump
Gallery of Images
Click on an image to make it larger.